Welcome to the new Windsor Village Message Boards
By using our Windsor Village Message Boards, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully. These terms and conditions shall govern your use of our message boards. Additional terms and conditions will be disclosed in the future, if deemed necessary by the Windsor Village Message Boards system administrators, moderators and webmaster, and those additional terms and conditions will become part of your agreement regarding your use of the Windsor Village Message Boards.
You must be at least eighteen  years of age to use our message boards; and by using our website or agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent to us that you are at least eighteen  years of age.
Using the new Windsor Village Message Boards
You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our message boards, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and not misleading.
You may use our message boards only as permitted by law, including all applicable local, state and federal regulations. The administrators, moderators and webmaster may suspend or stop your access to the message boards if you do not comply with our terms or policies or if we are investigating suspected misconduct.
Using our message boards does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in the website or the content you access. Our message boards may display some content that is not the property of the website. This content is the sole responsibility of the entity or person that makes it available. We may review content to determine whether it is illegal or violates our policies, and we may remove or refuse to display content that we reasonably believe violates our policies or the law. The fact that some content is not removed does not necessarily indicate that our administrators, moderators and webmaster have consented to the display of said content.
In connection with your use of the message boards, we may send you announcements, administrative messages, and other information.
You must not:
- use our message boards in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the web site or message boards or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the web site or message boards;
- use our message boards in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- use our message boards to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website and message boards without our express written consent;
- access or otherwise interact with our message boards using any robot, spider or other automated means;
- use data/information collected from our message boards for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing) for any purpose whatsoever, including for soliciting clients/customers for any business or commercial enterprise.
Your Access to the Windsor Village Message boards
In order to be able to post and receive messages from our administrators, moderators, Windsor Village Association Board Members, and Windsor Village residents, it is first necessary for you to:
- Complete the online registration using your real first and last name and street address for verification.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions below.
Once you are no longer a Windsor Village resident or an owner of real property in Windsor Village, you are requested to notify our administrators, moderators or webmaster so that you no longer receive emails which will no longer be relevant to you.
You may contact our moderators or webmaster by sending an email message to email@example.com.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR USE & ACCESS TO MESSAGE BOARDS
1. In order to access the message boards, and post and reply to messages on the Windsor Village Association Message Boards, you must complete the registration form:
- provide your true name/identity.
- provide your physical address.
- state that you are a Windsor Village resident or owner of property in Windsor Village.
- provide the user name you wish to use for the message boards (if other than your true identity); this is the name/identity that will be disclosed to others using the message boards.
- provide your contact telephone numbers (this is OPTIONAL and confidential).
- provide the emailing address you wish to use to send and receive emails.
2. In using the emailing system, you are prohibited from:
- using any profanity;.
- making any maliciously false statements or statements that are only partially true or misleading;
- making obscene or indecent statements;
- infringing on any copyright, trade mark right or other intellectual property right;
- infringing on rights of confidence and privacy;
- disseminating negligent/harmful advice or false information;
- inciting criminal activity;
- disseminating material which constitutes SPAM;
- transmitting offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive harassing, menacing, hateful or inflammatory material;
- transmitting material which will cause annoyance or needless anxiety to any person;
- using defamatory or derogatory language about any person’s religious affiliation, race, ethnicity, country of origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or using any language which may be considered a libelous or personal attack;
- using the emailing system to promote your/a business enterprise by advertising/offering services or goods for profit and financial gain; this includes inviting Windsor Village recipients of your messages to follow an internet link which promotes your/a business or commercial enterprise.
Privacy and Copyright Protection
Our Privacy Policies explain how we treat your personal data and protect your privacy when you use our message boards. By using our message boards, you agree that our administrators, moderators and webmaster can use such data in accordance with our privacy policies.
Our Privacy Policies:
- YOUR CONTENT IN OUR MESSAGE BOARDS
Our message boards allow you to submit content. You retain ownership of all intellectual property rights that you hold in that content: what belongs to you stays yours.
- YOUR IDENTITY, PHYSICAL ADDRESS, AND EMAIL ADDRESS
When you apply to join our message boards, you must provide us with your true identity (full name), your email address which you wish to use in connection with our message boards, and your physical address. Your true identity (your full name) is necessary for our moderators, administrators and webmaster to identify you and this will be shared with other users of the message boards ONLY IF you consent to this disclosure. Otherwise, you will be known solely by the user name you provide. Your physical address will never be disclosed by our administrators, moderators or webmaster, unless compelled to do so by local, state or federal law.
- We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the message boards only when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of your personal information.
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the Windsor Village Message Boards if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request. The laws of the City of Los Angeles, State of California and the United States shall be considered the “applicable law”, with the law of California taking precedence if there is no superseding federal law.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- NO WAIVER OF POLICY ENFORCEMENT
If you do not comply with these terms, and the administrators, moderators or webmaster do not take expeditious action, this does not mean that they are giving up any rights that they may have, such as taking future action.
- MONITORING POSTINGS
The administrators, moderators and webmaster will regularly review all postings and promptly take down those that are offensive and libelous, or otherwise violate the policies and terms & conditions listed above.If the administrators, moderators, or webmaster are/is asked to remove a posting by a person other than the person who posted, the posting will be removed while the matter is investigated. If there is a determination made that the poster is entitled to keep the post, then it will be re-published.
The Windsor Village Association Board of Directors, the administrators, moderators and webmaster do not necessarily endorse and are not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of statements made by participating message board posters.