Are you interested in trying something different? The RACO Program welcomes volunteers to become Reserve Animal Control Officers serving in the same capacity as our Animal Control Officers.
Download the RACO information flyer.
- The program requires a commitment of 16 hours of volunteer service each month at any one of our six Animal Shelters for 3 months prior to the first class.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 21 years of age, a high school graduate or equivalent, and must have a current driver’s license.
- A background check, drug and alcohol screening will be performed as a part of the process.
- Prospective candidates should also be prepared for a physical requirement check.
- RACOs must be able to lift at least 70 pounds and sometimes in excess of 70 pounds.
If you are interested,Council District 4 is working with Council District 5 on this program, so please submit your application (http://per.lacity.org/application.pdf) and resume to Joseph Galloway (Joseph.Galloway@lacity.org) from District 5 (they would prefer both items be scanned and emailed rather than mailed so there’s no delay in response time). He will then share what he receives to Brenda Barnette, General Manager of Animal Services, and Dana Brown, Assistant General Manager of Animal Services.
Thursday, November 12 | 5:30 – 7:30pm
John Burroughs Middle School Auditorium
600 S. Mccadden Pl.
Los Angeles, CA 90005
Discussion on La Brea Decking Options: 22 Weekend Closures or 7 Full Week closure.
Wednesday, October 21st thru Friday, October 23rd the design-builder will be removing trees along Wilshire Blvd for relocation. Four trees will be relocated to the staging yard at the corner of Wilshire/Crenshaw and two trees will be relocated at the LAPD Wilshire Division Police Station at the corner of Highland and Venice. This work will occur at night from 8:00pm-6:00am.
This work will require the following lane closures
- Eastbound Wilshire will be reduced to one lane between Cloverdale and Sycamore
- Wilshire sidewalk closure on the southside between La Brea and Sycamore
- Eastbound Wilshire reduced to one lane between Plymouth and Crenshaw
- Wilshire sidewalk closure on the southside between Lorraine and Crenshaw
- Westbound Venice reduced to one lane between Rimpau and Highland
- Northside Venice sidewalk closure between Rimpau and Highland
WHEN: Wednesday October 21st thru Friday, October 23rd
WHERE: Wilshire/La Brea
WHAT: Tree Relocation
Download the Announcement PDF: 2015 October 21-23-Tree Relocation-Wilshire and La Brea
Save the Date. Windsor Village is throwing a Block Party! Don’t miss an afternoon of family-friendly fun and activities.
Sunday, November 8, 2015
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
900 Block S. Windsor Blvd.
(between 9th Street and 10th Street)
- Meet Your Neighbors
- Great Food Will be Served
- Enjoy Many Festivities for the Whole Family: Balloon Artist, Bocce Ball, Bollywood Dance Company, Bounce House, D.J., Professional Face Painting, Pie/Baking Contest, Dog Show, and Much More!
- Pets welcomed!
Please RSVP by November 5, 2015. To RSVP and for sponsorship opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a flyer: WINDSOR VILLAGE ASSOCIATION COMMUNITY BLOCK PARTY flyer
Monday, October 26, 2015 @ 6pm
Ebell of Los Angeles
4400 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90005
Metro to discuss the proposed schedules for street closures and detours at Wilshire and La Brea for the first phase of station construction. The community of Brookside will be joining us.
If possible, please RSVP for the meeting at email@example.com by Friday, October 23, in order for us to ensure that we have a room large enough to accommodate all attendees.
Download and share Metro’s Presentation to the Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council: 10.14.15-Greater-Wilshire-NC-General-Board-Meeting.pdf
Click image to download PDF
LAPD reports there has been an increase in burglaries and break-ins in the surrounding area. They have provided this pamphlet of burglary prevention tips from the CA Attorney General’s Office. Read it and share it with your neighbors so that you can better protect yourself and your belongings.