Save the Date. Windsor Village is throwing a Block Party! Don’t miss an afternoon of family-friendly fun and activities.
Sunday, November 8, 2015
2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
900 Block S. Windsor Blvd.
(between 9th Street and 10th Street)
- Meet Your Neighbors
- Great Food Will be Served
- Enjoy Many Festivities for the Whole Family: Balloon Artist, Bocce Ball, Bollywood Dance Company, Bounce House, D.J., Professional Face Painting, Pie/Baking Contest, Dog Show, and Much More!
- Pets welcomed!
Please RSVP by November 5, 2015. To RSVP and for sponsorship opportunities, please email email@example.com
Download a flyer: WINDSOR VILLAGE ASSOCIATION COMMUNITY BLOCK PARTY flyer
Monday, October 26, 2015 @ 6pm
Ebell of Los Angeles
4400 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90005
Metro to discuss the proposed schedules for street closures and detours at Wilshire and La Brea for the first phase of station construction. The community of Brookside will be joining us.
If possible, please RSVP for the meeting at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 23, in order for us to ensure that we have a room large enough to accommodate all attendees.
Download and share Metro’s Presentation to the Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council: 10.14.15-Greater-Wilshire-NC-General-Board-Meeting.pdf
Click image to download PDF
LAPD reports there has been an increase in burglaries and break-ins in the surrounding area. They have provided this pamphlet of burglary prevention tips from the CA Attorney General’s Office. Read it and share it with your neighbors so that you can better protect yourself and your belongings.
The Windsor Village Association held a well-attended open house and Board meeting Monday September 15 from 7:00-9:30pm. Many thanks to our neighbors who attended, to CD4 Senior Deputy Nikki Ezhari, and to WV residents John Kaliski and Polly Chu for their presentations. Here are some highlights and upcoming WVA activities:
- President Diane Dicksteen introduced the current WVA Board of Directors: Joe Hoffman, VP; Betty Fox, Treasurer; Laurie Kaufman, Julie Stromberg, and recently appointed interim board members Nigel Dick, Dennee Frey, and Alex Goette.
- WVA elections will be held in November 2015: at least 4 board seats are up for re-election. Stay tuned for further information about the nomination and voting process.
- The WVA Community Block Party will be held Sunday November 8 in the late afternoon (exact time TBD). The plan is to block off the 900 block of Windsor so everyone can enjoy the food and activities an enthusiastic committee is planning.
Read more ›
Councilman Ryu wants to hear from you! And he wants to fix our streets and sidewalks, too! The Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council’s Transportation Committee is teaming up with Councilman Ryu’s Office (Council District 4) to create a database of streets and sidewalks in need of repair within Council District 4. If you live in Council District 4 and within the boundaries of the Greater Wilshire area, please send your requests for street and sidewalk repairs to email@example.com.
Please include the following information: Your name, location of the sidewalk/street in need of repair (include closest address, if possible), HPOZ information (if applicable), brief description, and a photograph of the street or sidewalk in need of repair. Please note that there is no promise or guarantee that the street or sidewalk will be repaired. Please send all submissions by Friday, November 20, 2015.
You are welcome to LAPD Wilshire’s Open House on Sunday Sept. 20th, 2015 from noon until 4pm.
There will be Free food and beverages. Station guided tours. Kids activities. LAPD exhibits. Neighborhood councils. Community councils. Enter to win prizes. Games. Join our senior lead officer forum at 2:00 PM with guest speaker Deputy City Attorney Mehrnoosh Zahiri, Neighborhood Prosecutor.
Posted in News
Tagged with: Event