Info & Resources

Animal Services (lost + found pets, noise, etc.)

Lost Pets:

Animals recovered by or turned in to LA Animal Control are brought the South Los Angeles Shelter:

South Los Angeles, Chesterfield Square
1850 W. 60th St. Los Angeles, CA 90047 Directions
888-4LAPET1 (888-452-7381)

You can also search this shelter by description using their online form:

Pet Harbor also has a search form for all local shelters and humane societies:

Found Pets:

If the dog or cat does not have a collar or tag, it may have a microchip that can be read by a vet or shelter that identifies the owner. Instead of holding on to the animal, it is better to take it to a shelter where it can be identified and entered into their database for searching by the owners.

Dog Licensing:

All dogs over four months of age and kept within the City of Los Angeles must be licensed (LAMC 53.28) and must be spayed or neutered (LAMC 53.15.2(b)). A dog license is valid only when the required rabies vaccination certificate, issued by a licensed veterinarian, is provided to the Department and only as long as the rabies vaccination is effective. (LAMC 53.51 ).

New and renewal licenses are online:

Nuisance barking:

Complaints must be filed in writing. Guidelines and instructions are available oneline:

Coyotes: Visit our extended Coyote Safety page


Crime and Safety (report and prevent crimes)

To Report a crime in progress or injury accident,
dial 911.

Be prepared to answer “where,” “what,” “who,” and “when.”

To report a burglary, non-injury accident or other non-emergency, please see the Police Non-Emergency tab.

Our Local Station:

Wilshire Community Police Station
4861 West Venice
Los Angeles, CA 90019
213-473-0476 Voice
213-485-2112 TDD/TTY

Senior Lead Officer (SLO)
Tel: (213) 793-0715
Car area: 7A47

Local Crime Reporting and Prevention Info:

Join the LAPD E-Policing mailing list:

View weekly crime statistics for LAPD Wilshire station:

View a map of recent local crimes by type:


Disaster & Emergency Readiness

Are you prepared if a disaster strikes your neighborhood?

City of Los Angeles Emergency Management Department

Start by visiting their web site at:

For information and emergency checklists, visit their Get Prepared page:

You can download a Comprehensive Guide On Family Preparedness (or get the large type version).

CERT Los Angeles (Community Emergency Response Team)

Local government prepares for everyday emergencies. However, during a disaster, the number and scope of incidents can overwhelm conventional emergency services. The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program is an all-risk, all-hazard training. This valuable course is designed to help you protect yourself, your family, your neighbors and your neighborhood in an emergency situation.

Government (City Council, etc.)

Los Angles City Council District 4:

David Ryu
Councilmember, 4th District

Main Office
Los Angeles City Hall
200 N. Spring Street
Room 480
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Phone: (213) 473-7004
Fax: (213) 624-7810
Hours: 9am-6pm

Nikki Ezhari
Field Deputy for Wilshire, Larchmont Village, Koreatown, Miracle Mile

Hollywood Field Office
6501 Fountain Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90028
Phone: (323) 957-6415
Fax: (323) 957-6477
Mail Stop: #2061
Hours: 9am-6pm

The Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council

Meetings held second Wednesdays of each month, 7:00 p.m.
Ebell of Los Angeles
Dining Room
743 S. Lucerne, 90005

US Congress:


Barbara Boxer
312 N. Spring St. Suite 1748
Phone: Los Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 894-5000

Dianne Feinstein
11111 Santa Monica Blvd., Suite 915
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Phone: (310) 914-7300

House (37th District):

Rep. Karen Bass
4929 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 650
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Phone: (323) 965-1422

Infrastructure (street lights, potholes, sidewalks, etc.)

MyLA311 Service:

Many LA services from debris pickup to reporting broken street lights can be requested through the LA 311 Services.

Fallen branches or debris in street:

Notify the Bureau of Street Services:

Parking and Traffic

Vehicles Parked Illegally:

Vehicles blocking a driveway, next to a red zone, in violation of an ordinance or parking sign are handled by Parking Enforcement.

  • Dial (213) 485-4184

Police Non-emergency (noise, non-injury accidents, etc.)

Non-emergency requests for police service include reports of non-violent disputes, disturbances, loud parties, gang activity, loud noise (noise complaints), loud radio or TV, drunk/intoxicated person(s), drug/narcotic use, racing cars/motorcycles, non-injury traffic accidents/collisions, loitering, refusing to leave, ringing house, car or business alarms, illegal vendors, minor complaints, nuisances, off hour construction permits and on-going problems.

Trash & Sanitation (bulky item pickups, etc.)

Bulky or Special Item Pickups:

We encourage you to recycle your bulky items through charitable organizations and thrift stores. If you are unable to do so, the Bureau of Sanitation (BOS) will pick-up large or bulky household items, such as mattresses, couches, and other furniture from residents serviced by the City of Los Angeles.

Bulky items are collected on the same day that your regular trash collection is made. To arrange for the removal of these items from your curbside:

Illegal Dumping:

To report illegal dumping in progress, call 311.

To report illegally dumped items:

Utilities (water, electricity, gas)


Customer Contact Center
1-800-DIAL DWP (1-800-342-5397)
Monday-Friday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sunday and holidays: Closed
Available 24/7 for emergency and outage calls